- An inside look at tapering by Krissy Forelli
- Interview - George Bovell the Race Club.
- Video: DARPA's Cheetah Sets a Land-Speed Record for Running Robots.
- Core stability inside and out by Mike Reinold.
- Traditional Y, W, and T exercises don't provide shoulder stabilization, try the Swimmer's Shoulder System.
- Coaches in the know: Dave Durden.
- Dryland exercise: Burpee (just make sure their shoulders are stable and not arching from the low back...please, for us from Swim Sci).
- Conservation with Nick Brunelli (see his Friday Interview: Nick Brunelli).
- The myth of in-season maintenance by Ben Bruno.
- Wait your turn and success will come by Chris Ritter.
Swim Energy Usage
RER Value Guide
- Slow (0.7)
- A1 band - warm-up, recovery, cool-down sets
- Moderate (0.85)
- A2 band - aerobic capacity sets
- Intense (1.00)
- A3 band - aerobic power, VO2max sets
Data Source: Zamparo P, Bonifazi M (2013). Bioenergetics of cycling sports activities in water.
Coded for Swimming Science by Cameron Yick
- Total Cost
Quick Food Reference
- 48g Carbs
- 25g Carbs
- Peanut Butter
- 16g (2 tablespoons) *