Take Home Points on Determinants of Masters Swimming Performance
- Fairbrother JT. Prediction of 1500-m freestyle swimming times for older masters all-American swimmers. Exp Aging Res. 2007 Oct-Dec;33(4):461-71.
- Rubin RT, Lin S, Curtis A, Auerbach D, Win C. Declines in swimming performance with age: a longitudinal study of Masters swimming champions. Open Access J Sports Med. 2013 Mar 12;4:63-70. doi: 10.2147/OAJSM.S37718. eCollection 2013.
- Zampagni ML, Casino D, Benelli P, Visani A, Marcacci M, De Vito G. Anthropometric and strength variables to predict freestyle performance times in elite master swimmers. J Strength Cond Res. 2008 Jul;22(4):1298-307. doi: 10.1519/JSC.0b013e31816a597b.
- Medic N, Young BW, Medic D. Participation-related relative age effects in Masters swimming: a 6-year retrospective longitudinal analysis. J Sports Sci. 2011 Jan;29(1):29-36. doi: 10.1080/02640414.2010.520726.
- Fairbrother JT. Age-related changes in top-ten men's U.S. Masters 50-m freestyle swim times as a function of finishing place. Percept Mot Skills. 2007 Dec;105(3 Pt 2):1289-93.